Saturday, January 1, 2011

NYE mani; before & aftermath

I am usually a rather decisive person.  I can easily make executive decisions when needed, haha. However my NYE mani was quite the mental debacle.  My first try was Funky Finger’s “Snake Skin” with L.A. Color “Live” as the French tip.  And I stared at it, and stared at it and blinked a few times.  Disgruntled, went to sleep with it anyways.  Next day I removed it and it took almost a HALF HOUR to get the sparkles off of me.  They were everywhere. Up to my wrists and anywhere else I happened to touch.  Under my nails, stuck in my cuticles, on my face. These are pre-cleanup because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it.  I actually never did the clean up, lol.




Then it was time to pick a new color.  So I stared at my stash. And stared a few more minutes.  Finally decided on my new Funky Fingers “Tribal” which is a bright turquoise.  Which strangely enough dried matte but I wanted some sparkle so two coats of Cover Girl’s “City Lights” which added the perfect amount of what I wanted.  


So pretty! I am in love with this combination!  Tribal is actually a little bit darker than these pictures show, but I couldn't capture it.  So just pretend, k? K :D

I mattefied it this morning for kicks.  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!

I was sick for about 4 months with strep and tonsillitis, just had them out mid-December but I was well enough to go out for NYE.  I am 23 years young and went out maybe 4 times this WHOLE year so I unintentionally went balls-to-the-wall last night and consumed roughly 70$ worth of liquor.  (I planned on going out for just one drink, oopsies!)  No hangover though, every third drink have a glass of water; FAIL PROOF.
LOL the damage!  My thumbs were chipped too.  I am not sure how that happened but I am going to go with the excessive dancing xD

off topic;  Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill is one of my favorite albums, ever.  I just this week discovered a hidden track and I am so in love, one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard: Listen to this!

Have a SAFE, HAPPY and HEALTHY new year ladies!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! this is about as much of a green ill put on. such a pretty color though, very summer-y

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your nails that night for the record =P I saw them practically across the bar lmao

    Also, part of your tab was mine, as per you paid for 2 of my drinks ;) Thanks darlin <3 lol I got that chick in the green sweater to buy me a shot too lmao I also added them on Facebook =o

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to pimp out the girls coryn LOL and no problem i bought a lot of people drinks.............................. im broke now btw

    ReplyDelete
  5. tom cruise look a like bought me a shot too, i think.

    ReplyDelete