Sunday, January 16, 2011

cuppycake nail art

I've been seeing cuppycake nails all over lately and makes sense with cupcakes on the rise and possibly peak of their popularity.  This design is not my own, but as mentioned, they're everywhere and I haven't the slightest clue of who did this first.  I had lots of fun with these and once the first one was done, I was able to get the hang of it and finish my other nails in an assembly line fashion.


background:  Funky Fingers "Cheshire"
wrappers: Funky Fingers "Daiquiri on deck" and China Glaze "Lemon Fizz"
icing/sprinkles/cherry: assorted Art Club Nail Art polishes
I used a paperclip for the sprinkles and shine on the cherry and and the end of a paintbrush for the cherry itself.




For the following picture, I did a little more abstract cupcake design doing only one accent nail as a cupcake and the rest as icing and sprinkles (=
I used L.A. Girl "French White" for the bigger white parts.  I made a tutorial which I will be sure to post later!

2 comments: