Tuesday, January 4, 2011

new scotch tape mani idea


I was sorting through some of my scrapbook supplies when I found this punch-out stamp type thing.  The light bulb went on, the clouds divided in the sky and the hallelujahs were heard. I GOT AN IDEA!


Here is what I used:

I think most of you have seen these before. Instead of using paper, I used scotch tape!  I think next time I will double the scotch tape so it won't be so easily torn.  I had to try a few times on a couple of nails because the sharp metal edges tore the thin tape.

Here is what I did:

I used China Glaze's "For Audrey" again my own franken, "In Love"!  I alternated nails using the cut out shape and then the original piece of tape with the negative space (pictured above)

Here is the final look:


What do you think?! 
Photos are all clickable (=

12 comments:

  1. That's so smart to use! Never saw this before! I really like the combination of colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh!! I love this! I tried something similar to this but using blue painters tape. It didn't work very well...I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh- so cute!! Am totally gonna have to try this.

    :) Great idea! :)

    -Alicia

    PS won't you follow me too? :)
    http://paintingemup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable! I'm thinking of trying it out today :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try using hair tape, the pink stuff you can get at Sally Beauty Supply. It is not as sticky on the nails. Also won't tear as easily as scotch tape. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try using hair tape, the pink stuff you can get at Sally Beauty Supply. It is not as sticky on the nails. Also won't tear as easily as scotch tape. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks! i will def look into that (=

    ReplyDelete
  8. UM. Oh my freaking god? This is the first time I've seen this done. INGENUITY, MUCH?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Kendel! i'm an engineers daughter but take after my mother moreso LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this! its really cute!

    ReplyDelete