Friday, November 11, 2011

Ugliest Color of the Season: Champagne Bubbles

China Glaze Champagne Bubbles has got to be one of the fugliest colors I've seen in a long time.  Some people love it, some people hate it.  I hate it. It's comically ugly though. I'd imagine this would look nice on the hands of someone with a dark complexion.  Tan skin, with olive undertones.  This doesn't work on my pasty ass. No no no.

Champagne Bubbles in all its fuglory.

This is three coats over CND Stickey sealed with a coat of OTD.  It's some kind of bizarre yellow/golden frost with bits of silver glitter.  My black camera is reflected in the mirror-esque glitter so it looks black, but it isn't.  It's not cute.

Still ugly.
.So I tried to save it and see what might look nice over it.  Turns out nothing really looks *nice* over it.

From Left to Right:
Klean Color Tiara Gold
China Glaze Twinkle Lights
China Glaze Party Hearty
China Glaze Snow Globe

From Left to Right:
Klean Color Tiara Gold
China Glaze Twinkle Lights
China Glaze Party Hearty
China Glaze Snow Globe

Champagne Bubbles is not for this white girl.  Oh no no no.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...it's one of those colors that doesn't look bad from a distance, but once you see the little bits of the other glitter, that kind of kills it. LOL It's not too bad with Party Hearty over it...espeically for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i thought party hearty was the only combo that helped it out! golds are nice for christmas, but i think foil when i think gold - maybe thats just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Party Hearty over it as well. I've seen it swatched a lot but have never heard it called fugly before! I'd try it out to see what it looks like on a dark skinned girl but I don't care for golds, wouldn't buy this one.

    ReplyDelete