Friday, November 11, 2011

Essie Turquoise and Caicos

This polish really changed my opinion about Essie.  My first few Essies sucked; I believe the particular bottle of Knockout Pout took 5 coats to reach opacity.  That's too many coats.  Turquoise and Caicos is a particularly sheer polish, but only took 3 coats.  And it's a beautiful color and it lasted nicely on me.  No chipping. I always get chips.  I'm just really tough on my hands.  The manicures I give to friends and family last over a week, I'm lucky if mine make it a day.


Turquoise and Caicos is a semi-jelly finish.  The first coat had me laughing because I never thought it would reach opacity.  It basically just tinted my nails to turquoise and I was all "Oh, crap."  The second coat looked promising and by the third, I was in love.  It really is such a simple color but it is done extremely well.  I like the unique flare of it being somewhat jelly.



No comments:

Post a Comment