Tuesday, November 15, 2011

China Glaze Glittering Garland & Christmas Stamping

I've said it 100 times, but I'm really not a fan of green nail polish.  I've never found it astoundingly beautiful on my hands.  That again being said, I found China Glaze Glittering Garland somewhat an exception to the rule.  I like what it brought to the table!  I wanted to add some nail art to it, too.  This was the final product:


My thumb is stained a bit, that drives me nuts when I don't realize it until a day or so later while cropping pictures after the manicure is long gone.  I apologize for the sloppiness! Allow me to walk you through how I got to the previous photo though. (=

Three coats of Glittering Garland.
I started with 3 coats of Glittering Garland.  Two would've been enough if I had been more consistent in my application.

"Natural" Light

Flash
Depending on the lighting, they look like two totally different polishes!  I guess that goes with most polishes, though.  It sparkles more with flash but looks much darker.  The flash pictures are more true-to-life.

I used fauxnad plate M03 and Konad Special White for the snowflake design seen below.


It was pretty just like this but I can't ever leave well enough alone, so of course I added more and more.


As you can see, I didn't stamp the snowflakes with a green polish.  I used some cheapo dollar store brand called b.s.n in Ivy, its a bright green jelly, over top of the snowflakes.  I then used BM plates 205 and 225 for the Christmas designs.  After they tried I put one coat of Confetti Tiara over and then sealed with OTD.

Let me just tell you that the b.s.n. polishes are the most vile scented things I've encountered in my entire life.  It doesn't smell like nail polish, or that chemical Klean Color smell.  It smells like hell. OK, so it does smell chemically, but it's beyond explanation.. sooo I guess that ends my post. LOL.

6 comments:

  1. I really, really like this green. I think it's just a tad too early for Christmas (for me, anyway), but I like the stamping you've done - I'm bookmarking this page so I can reference it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed megan! i think the arrival of my holiday china glazes prompted this one though xD im easily influenced haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's good to practice your holiday manicures now so you can pick out the perfect one for the actual season! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas nails! I liked how you transformed your mani with a jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out great, and I totally think you should give more greens a chance! This one looks nice on you! :)

    ReplyDelete