Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sephora by OPI Why Yellow There... The Perfect Yellow!!

I finally found the perfect yellow (for me)! I've been searching for quite some time and I am absolutely blown away by this one.  It's my first Sephora by OPI polish but this is easily in my Top Five polishes now, easily! I did a summery citrus manicure with it!

"Natural" Light

Here are swatches without the designs.  What makes a perfect yellow for me? Well no lobster hands are an important factor but this.. this polish only needed TWO COATS! Finding my perfect yellow is like finding your HG base coat. I'm so incredibly happy with this.

"Natural" Light

"Natural" Light

"Natural" Light
For the stamping I used plate BM308. I used Konad Special White for the white stamping and Klean Color Mango for the orange stamping.  I glued on some fimo fruits and added polka dots for a finishing touch!

"Natural" Light

Thanks for reading!  I still have some polishes in stock at my Etsy store. The store will be closing for a week on August 24th, this Friday.  It will reopen on Saturday, August 31st.  Get your orders in now (=



9 comments:

  1. So freaking cute!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that yellow is so pretty! and the name makes me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha the names are so cheesy when it comes to anything OPI

      Delete
  3. What a pretty Yellow! Im looking for the perfect yellow as well. Will see if I can get my hands and nails on this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need this one! It jumped into my top 5 instantly!

      Delete
  4. I love citrus and this is just the sweetest summer mani ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love yellow, this one too ^^
    But its consistency is quite thick, don't you think? I'm still learning how to achieve smooth and even finish with this polish. Last time, I ended up layering 3 coats and waited it to dry quite long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it is on the thick side although I do think that helps with the opacity. For this polish in particular I give myself a bit more time in between coats. It gets a lot of use!

      Delete