Saturday, August 18, 2012

Illamasqua Serenity Rubber Brights & Stamping

I got my first Illamasqua today! I went to Sephora and tried all the testers and decided on Serenity.  I would've loved to take them all home with me but at $14 a piece, I decided one would be a good start.  I also really like the rubbery finish and mattes in general, so this was a really fun addition to my stash.

"Natural" Light

Photos seen here are two easy coats over Orly Bonder, no top coat. I say easy because I was anticipating some difficulty and it wasn't! My middle finger has three coats because I messed up while doing it, but opacity is reached in two.

"Natural" Light

"Natural" Light

I jazzed it up with some stamping. This is BM306 with Konad Special White.  Since my nails have a pretty dramatic C-curve, I usually can't stamp a full image design without messing it up.  My thumb cramps and I try, every time and then it dries so fast on the stamper that not all of it picks up.  I fix this by filling in the gaps with dots and rhinestones usually.  I have no issues with smaller designs, just the full image ones. Such a shame!

"Natural" Light

Only three fingers here because I royally botched my index nail.  Pro-tip: use the bathroom before doing your nails.

My first Illamasqua experience was a positive one.  I really like how the bottle fits in my hand too, although that's not really relevant to application or formula.  I also really like the color of this blue even though  I wanted to take all of them home with me!

---------------------------------------------------
I still have polishes in stock at my Etsy store!

12 comments:

  1. Really like your stamping!! That Illa is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour suits you so well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, pretty color! :D I love Illamasqua's rubbery finish :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm impressed. More fun than matte IMO.

      Delete
  4. That's beautiful! I've been thinking which one of the rubber brights I wanted and was leaning towards this color. Love the stamping too, I sometimes re-stamp with the smaller end of my stamper and pick up small details, like a flower or something to fill in the blank space. Works like a charm on most images, but I still can't use geometric patterns for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really, really smart idea. Thank you for letting me know!

      Delete
  5. So cool, that rubbery finish looks awesome! Love the stamping too =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Illamasqua and I LOVE this color!! The stamping is so cute!! <3

    ReplyDelete