Monday, August 15, 2011

WnW "Behind Closed Doors" + accent nail

HALLO LADIES.

I wore this mani this weekend and looooved it.  I shy away from vampy dark colors because they do nothing for my hands but I couldn't resist after swatching them for you.  I used WnW "Behind Closed Doors" from the On the Prowl Halloween collection.  I also work at a daycare and we're not supposed to wear black nail polish (or lipstick...LOL) so I tend to obey that rule since I always get yelled at for wearing flip flops.  Just choosing my battles haha.

4 Coats of WnW "Behind Closed Doors"
1 Coat of WnW "Red Red" on the accent nail.
For the stamping I used my new BM plate 224 and used WnW Black Creme.  It was monsooning all weekend here so outside pictures was not an option.  We've gotten like 6 inches of rain in the past few days which is a lot for us, even our basement got some water -_-

Oh my rhinestones!
I've always always wanted a wheel of these but couldn't bring myself to pay the Amazon or craft store prices.  I got these from the bornprettystore for a sweet price.  They have a flat back which is perfect for nails and I secured these with a tiny drop of clear TC by using my dotting tool.


The tiny glitters were SO HARD to clean up I finally said screw it and just left them.  I mean really, how many times are you supposed to attempt clean up before giving up?  All the acetone was doing was turning the red glitter into silver glitter.

6 comments:

  1. Kind of jealous, you know how I feel about red

    ReplyDelete
  2. well psh i told your ass to come over the other day for a mani but nooo 'my current one is still OK'

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty! i am in love with vampy shades. i can never get enough! i'll have to keep an eye out for this one next time i'm out shopping for polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your comment on my guest post for aurora nails about sinful colors. really 5 coats? it only took me three coats to get the color.

    yes, I agree with you glitter is very hard to get off. zoya nail polish remover works nicely though for it

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi again! i think i had a botched batch bottle. it was ridiculous formula! ive never had a problem with sinful colors before, so thats the only way. plus when i looked at it in the store again recently, it looked a bit different. idk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. courteney, i found mine at harmons. theyre 20 cents cheaper there than other places!

    ReplyDelete