Friday, October 14, 2011

e.l.f. Nourishing Cuticle Pen Review

I just wanted to start off by saying my Target always looks like a pack of wild animals ran through the make up section.  All I can do is shake my head in its general direction.  Anywhoozle Target carries e.l.f. products (sans the polish, it seems) and I found this Nourishing Cuticle Pen for $1 and figured why the hell not.

It looks like this. You can tell, I'm really good at product
description and reviews. I'm going pro.
And then it looks like this.
Ingredients
I took the cap off and it has a hard felt tip.  Not uncomfortable, its just stiff and doesn't flop or bend, which is good.

There is a stiff, hard tip for anyone who needs it.
It doesn't smell much like anything, if I had to try and identify the scent, I'd go with cardboard.  But that could just be the packaging.  Like I said, I'm -really- good at reviews.

I thought to give a frame of reference, I'd compare it to China Glaze's Peppermint Cuticle Oil.  The oil from the e.l.f. pen isn't quite as greasy, it comes out waaay slow so you have less mess and more control.  You don't have to wash it off either.  I took some comparison pictures. I'm so sorry for the naked fug nails but it was necessary.

Left is China Glaze, Right is e.l.f.
See what I mean?  Much less product comes out.  It's good for an on-the-go solution to malnourished cuticles.  You could put it on and do what you need to right after.

Right is e.l.f, Left is China Glaze
Below is an after picture.  I wiped it off with a paper towel and then swiped my nails with some nail polish remover (not 100% pure acetone).

Left is e.l.f, Right is China Glaze
The outcome is quite similar - both look hydrated.  I guess what you use and what you prefer is all in your personal tastes.  I have a couple other cuticle oils but nothing that is as quick and easy as this pen.  And for a dollar you could have a few on hand without guilt.  I was pleasantly surprised! Do recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment