Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lynnderella - Matter of the Heart

When I first got this polish I was so excited about it: a milky pink glitter with hearts! I've struggled with finding a suitable base for this polish.  It doesn't match any of my other pinks closely enough, so you can see a strange color difference when I tried to use a pink base.  It's too tinted to use over white, unless you like having that many coats of polish on - which I don't, otherwise it peels too easily. I finally had some better luck by wearing it by itself, albeit four coats.

"Natural" Light

It was four thin coats though, so it wasn't too bad. I am fully aware that some of the chunky glitter indie polishes we see need some degree of skill to apply but I'm not sure how to make the base less streaky. Maybe it needed to be shaken up a little bit more? From a distance it looks 100% fine but I, of course, analyze my nails up close so any flaws, even minor, stand out.

"Natural" Light

"Natural" Light

Without fishing for them, I got two hearts randomly on my pinky and thumb. It drives me nuts trying to fish for glitter so it was nice to have two come out on their own without any sort of fussing.  I've had this bottle a few months and the glitter lies very flat; I didn't need Glitter Tamer or Gelous or anything to smooth this one out.

"Natural" Light

"Natural" Light
The base color reminds me of strawberry milk. But anyways, that is the only gripe with this one.  The base color is finicky, and streaky on its own. But the glitter is nice.

Have you entered my 300th post giveaway yet?

8 comments:

  1. Hahah worst timing for this post ever. However, I still love looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really been one for pale pink but that is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's gorgeous! but 4 coats? I would gone mad, i'm so impatient lol

    ReplyDelete